Wednesday, October 11

Readings

I'm not one for going to readings. I mean, they always sound good in theory, but then I either don't know the writers, or I don't have time, or I'm not sure if it will really be cool. But I went to a reading last night by my two favorite writing instructors from the Loft -- and it was totally amazing! First, they both had amazing stories to read. Dale's was an excerpt -- it was chapter 1 of his recently finished novel. Which I totally wish was published because I would read it today. Rob's was a whole story and it was amazing. It had such an arc and such great language and dialogue. It was so great. And I got to see my favorite writers too -- it was just wonderful. And we got to hang out at Grumpys - which was weird with no smoking, but nice because I didn't reek when I got home.

I miss my writing classes. I can't quite figure out when I'd have time to write and go to class because I love hanging with my boy Wyatt, but one of these days, I need to get back to it. Because it feeds my soul.

0 Comments:

<< Home